Jim is the only Certified Divorce Lending Professional and Certified Mortgage Planning Specialist in the State of New Mexico. His extensive professional training in the field of mortgage financing & mortgage planning, as it relates to divorce, allows him to provide CFP’s & CPA’s expert guidance and advice. Jim integrates his CDLP & CMPS knowledge to carefully evaluate mortgage options & financing strategies for your divorcing clients. 70% of divorces in the United States involve real estate & the need for a collaborative effort with a CDLP & CMPS is critically important. Jim would be happy to share the many success stories CFP’s & CPA’s and their divorcing clients have experienced by his mortgage financing guidance throughout the divorce process. He acts as a financial neutral advocate providing the knowledge that allow the divorcing couple to make informed decisions and accomplish their goals post divorce.
- Will the income I receive from my ex spouse be qualifying income?
- How will the divorce and my mortgage decision impact my monthly cash flow position?
- How will the divorce and my mortgage decision impact my financial ability to save money for the future?
- Will I qualify to purchase real estate for investment purposes post divorce?
- How will my mortgage decision impact my financial ability to manage and reduce my debt in a time frame that works for me post divorce?
- Will I be able to afford staying in the marital home
- Should I buy or rent?
- Will the child support, alimony & separate maintenance I receive from my ex be used as qualifying income?
- How long do I need to receive and how should I document the receipt of support payments?
- Is my divorce decree written correctly in order for me to achieve my short & long term financial goals?
Understanding his role on the professional divorce team is to help by providing informed guidance on mortgage financing opportunities and recognize potential legal or tax concerns that may arise; he does not provide legal or tax advice, instead, Jim collaborates with family law attorneys, CFP’s, CPA’s and other members of the professional divorce team to meet the nest needs of the divorcing clients.
Please reach out to Jim at email@example.com or 505-263-4888 to see how he may be a resource for you and your professional divorce team.
Jim is also available to provide:
- Expert Witness Testimony
- Continuing Legal Education credit presentations
- Mediation Consultation